Monday, February 20, 2012

Sewing in sunny MX!

Just got back from a fabulous vacation in Cabo with our lovely daughters, their hubbies and our three one-year-old grand babies. We certainly enjoyed the beach and hot weather- and the time together was priceless! But I also managed to sneak in some time for needlework. I finished the embellishment on three wool blocks I started last November. The 2011 BOM kits from Sue Spargo. And I appliquéd block 7 and got it almost done too!

And- we're in the final stages of getting ready for our annual Spring Fling- an event we look forward to every year. This year our teacher, Brenda Henning, is coming from Anchorage, Alaska, and our theme is "Still Stripping!" I'm so excited to be gathering with friends once again to sew, laugh, and enjoy good food while learning a thing or two. I'm so happy to be connected to such a wonderful group of women who all enjoy the love of quilting. I love our common threads :)

2 comments:

  1. The Fling was a BLAST. I was thrilled that Deb could come from Wasilla. She needed a getaway. We sewed til midnight Friday nite and when we got home on Sat we.set up and sewed til midnight again. I haven my top all done to the border stage. Need to cut those and get them on. Bought minky for the back. Grandson is gonna live his penguin. Can't imagine how wonderful to have both girls and all three grandbabies together on vacation. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had fun at the Fling too! Always good to get together and sew :) And it was GREAT to see Deb. She looks fabulous! And I'm so impressed once again at your creativity and amazing ideas for customizing any project- you inspire me in so many ways! Can't wait to get together again- and maybe dig my way out of my ufo avalanche :)
    love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete