Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2010 Sue Spargo BOM

This is a quilt I started from the Sue Sparge 2010 Block of the Month kits. I began the wool applique in June of 2010 and finished it in October 2011. It was a great project to "kit up" and take while traveling- I'm pretty sure that some blocks made it to Cabo, others went with me to New York and some to Sitka, Anchorage, and Juneau. We have a wool applique group that meets to sew together...I hope to make more regular appearances in 2012! This was machine quilted by the very talented Shana Clay and was enjoyed by my family this holiday season.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. I have the little pouch kit but haven't started it yet. When does your wool group meet? I might be able to attend now and then. So did you use wool batting in this? Is it all wool? Is it heavy? I made an all wool quilt and it is really heavy, but really warm. Are you using it for the wall or the bed?

    ReplyDelete